CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Saturday, March 14, 2009

Day Eight



I am a soldier. I mean I have finally become a true soldier, a soldier with a heart and mind of one. My life will never be the same due to this and I don’t think I want it to be that way again. Now no matter where I go, I will be on alert every second of the day. I am smarter, wiser, stronger and have witnessed things that will never make me see otherwise. I finally understand the meaning and the need for a war to begin. I understand why people will participate in wars and I also completely understand why it is necessary. It is the only way to get something done most of the time and it is the most effective way of getting in control and doing the right thing. I have taken many lives, for the better of my country, and I have also saved my lives, not because I have to but because I have a brotherly bond to all the other revolutionaries, including Juan. I would try my hardest to save them whenever they got into trouble and maybe one day they would return the favor because it’s our duty to not let fellow revolutionaries die. I have learnt many things from my experience so far. One thing is that even though war is a cruel and brutal thing, it is an effective way to make our country a better place for our people. The second thing is that even though we lost the forty third war against the loyalists over San Ildefonso there will be another. Now when I become a teacher I know that I will be improving it one step at a time. I mean that is really what this is all about, no?Image:https://blogger.googleusercontent.com/img/b/R29vZ2xl/AVvXsEgr8LVChHCDrlw2aK-Qvwx3Uot9fc7t3CFMa_4wqHiNIh1SSFVm_5q4p0Ne9ofDYg2TgG2zX7N1W0yBRKe6e18SbVC0ZqZxyH33B6T97i9DCOUOGnlpFkuREZTMYrOdQiMcm0R6L4veR74h/s400/drc_children_congolese_child_soldiers_congo_child_fighters%5B1%5D.JPG

0 comments: